Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Why your children need to know Astronomy!

This has nothing to do with running and I am sure that knowing astronomy, will not help your children succeed in life, but I am an advocate that all children learn the planets (at least the ones in our galaxy).

We got our Son (months ago), the planets and stuck them to his ceiling over his bed, in the proper order (I actually had to rearrange them because I put them in the wrong order, as he was quick to point out). Now he can name all the planets in order and is very proud of this accomplishment.

Now here is the reason all children should now their astronomy, at night, when he is being tucked into bed and the stories have all been read (right now we are reading the wizard of oz) he tells me or my wife "I love you all the way to the moon, to Jupiter, to the sun, to Pluto (even though it was declassified as a planet, he knows it is a loooooooong way out there) and back." Now that is a long way and a lot of love.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we get the same thing. We have two pretty smart boys. Why aren't you keeping up your blog?????

    ReplyDelete