Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mornings can be difficult

I have had every intention of getting up this morning to complete today's run. I laid out all my running clothes, socks and shoes. Even set out the ipod, so I could just get dressed and run, when my alarm went off.

Then entered life... 2 minutes to the alarm going off, my daughter wakes up crying, she is only 10 months old, so what she is telling me is, I am tired, but I am not going back to sleep in my bed. Being the compassionate husband that I am and knowing that my wife loves her sleep, I nix the run, pick up the girl and snuggle in the recliner for an hour more of sleep for her. I, of course, am wide awake, thinking... when will I get to run today. (hopefully at lunch)

Family 1 - Marathon training 0

Author's note - I enjoyed my daughters hour of sleep more than I would have enjoyed an hour of running. She is the sweetest.

No comments:

Post a Comment